YOU DID IT!!!
Thank you to ALL of you for your hard work, dedication and support! Through all kinds of weather, injuries and a possible Government shut down, you dedicated a good part of this past year to training and fundraising for our injured and critically ill service members. What an outstanding accomplishment you have made. At this year’s marathon you were part of the largest charity team in the Marine Corps Marathon.
We thank you so much for not only raising funds, but most importantly, raising awareness of the needs of our injured and critically ill service members. This amazing team will be hard to top, but we are hopeful that you’ll join us again next year and we’re confident that our 2014 runners will enjoy the challenge as much as you have.
It has truly been a pleasure working with you this year and we look forward to seeing everyone next year…and bring a friend!
If you have any questions about our participation in the 2013 Marine Corps Marathon or about participating in the 2014 Marine Corps Marathon, please contact Elizabeth O’Connell by email or by calling 516.567.6014
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Support a Runner until December 31, 2013!
2. Run with the Fund in 2014!
Runner registrations will begin in early 2014, just a few short months away! Check back with us for updates on when you can register!
3. Volunteer in 2014!
The Semper Fi Fund could use your help at the Marine Corps Marathon! If you or anyone you know would like to help us fulfill this need, please contact our Race Coordinator, Kathy Wise by email.
4. Become a 2014 Sponsor!
For more information, please contact Casey Fisher by email.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE SEMPER FI FUND TEAM:
– Receive a Semper Fi Fund running shirt and gift bag.
– An online fundraising link set up by Active.com that you can send to your supporters.
– Fun post-marathon amenities at our Semper Fi Fund tent.
– Timely updates from our Race Coordinator.
– Semper Fi Fund Pasta Dinner: Saturday, October 26, 2013 at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. Join other runners and our Team Semper Fi Veteran Athletes for an evening of great food and camaraderie.
– Prizes for the top fundraisers!
– The heartfelt thanks of the injured Marines, Sailors, Airmen and Soldiers you will be supporting!
ABOUT THE MARINE CORPS MARATHON:
The MCM was established in 1976, and as of 2009 the MCM became the fourth largest marathon in the United States and the eighth largest in the world with runners from more than 50 participating countries.
The race typically occurs a few weeks before the United States Marine Corps birthday on November 10. The Marine Corps Marathon is known as “The People’s Marathon” because it is open to all runners ages 14 and above, and is the largest marathon not to offer prize money.
Thank you to all of our runners and supporters for your dedication to our mission of “serving those who preserve our freedom!”
No Federal or Marine Corps endorsement of advertisers or sponsors is implied.