Marine Corps Run for Freedom 5K
Marine Corps Run for Freedom 5K 2021
May 15, 2021 | Check-In Begins: 0730
EVENT DETAILS: *PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING*
In the event we are still experiencing restrictions due to COVID 19, there is the possibility that this event could get cancelled if the Governor changes the current guidelines on outdoor events. We are making every effort to provide a safe environment for our participants and supporters.
ALL FUNDS FROM THIS EVENT GO TO VETERAN CHARITIES. We appreciate your Patriotism and Support of Veterans. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. We appreciate your understanding and support in this matter.
Registration and Event Location:
Registration and check in will begin at 0730 adjacent to IPlay America where you will receive your bib number and shirt. Packet pick up will also be available the night prior to the race, Friday May 14th between 4pm and 7pm at Iplay America
Run will start at 0930 on Saturday. Rain or shine. Sorry no refunds.
Runners and Walkers
• Registration and check in starts MAY 15, 2021 at 0730 adjacent to the iPlay America Complex
• Run starts at 0930
• Medals for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Overall Male/Female Runners
• Awards for Male / Female 1st, 2nd & 3rd place Runners in each age category (14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+)
Virtual Run/Walk Participants
We understand some of you may wish to support our charity but do not feel comfortable participating at the live event. The Virtual option can be done anywhere, and you can submit your time. We do ask that you submit your time no later than two weeks after the date of the event. There will be no awards provided to virtual participants. You will have the option to pick up your T-Shirt following the event. We ask that you do so no later than 2 weeks after the event. We are not responsible for shirts not claimed after that time period.
• If you signed up for RUCK option we DO NOT provide packs/rucks. All Ruck participants must be checked in and Pack weighed by 0845 in order to start race on time! Your ruck will be weighed during race check in.
• Weight Standard: Ruck event participants will wear a Ruck/backpack. If you are under 150 lbs, carry a 10 lb weight and if you are over 150 lbs, carry 20 lbs in your pack. Each participant will have a 10 or 20 lb Ruck Plate (or equivalent in non-consumable weight) in their rucksack at the start point.
• No participants will be weighed, weight requirements are on the honor system.
• Top 3 male and female participants will get an award!
About the Corporal Philip Reynolds Detachment of the Marine Corps League
The Marine Corps Run For Freedom started with a simple idea. To help Active Duty and Veteran Marines. Whether it was the family who lost their loved one defending our freedom, or the veteran that is having trouble buying groceries we wanted to do something to help.
Started by Marines for Marines.
The run was started by the Corporal Philip Reynolds Detachment of the Marine Corps League. We wanted to reach those in need on both the national and local level. We teamed up with the Marine Raider Foundation and the Semper Fi & America’s Fund to do just that. The run has since raised thousands of dollars for our charities.
When & Where
Saturday May 15, 2021
110 Schanck Rd
Freehold Township, New Jersey 07728