31 Days and Ways of Giving!
Celebrate the holidays all month long: Honor your loved ones and share the gift of peace, love and hope with our injured heroes!
1. Give the gift of comfort. Your $10 donation puts a Semper Fi Fund teddy bear in the arms of one of our wounded service member’s children.
2. Send a family member to an injured or critically ill service member’s bedside. Your donation of $500 or more helps deliver the best gift of all–a loved one at their bedside.
3. Help a service member look his or her best for a job interview. Your donation of $100 helps a service member make a smoother transition to the civilian workforce.
4. Give the gift of Peace, Love & Hope. Order Semper Fi Fund Holiday Cards online for your friends, family and loved ones. Send a card today for a minimum donation of just $20! Click here for more info!
5. Help care for a service or therapy dog. Your $25 donation purchases a Petco or PetSmart gift card to help feed and provide supplies for a service dog.
6. Give the gift of a warm home. Many service members and their families have lost much-needed income as a direct result of their injuries—and some have even lost their homes. Donating any amount today helps us prevent homelessness.
7. Help service members transition back into their communities by supporting our Semper Fi Odyssey (SFO) camp. Service members spend a week learning life-planning skills and job-hunting techniques. Your $1,500 donation enables one service member to attend this valuable course.
8. Buy a gift basket for an injured servicemember and his/her family. $100 buys a gift basket for an injured service member and their family to be given away at the SFF Holiday Party.
9. Send a service member home for the holidays. Many of our recovering service members can’t afford to go home for the holidays. Your donation of $500 helps cover the cost of travel and provides a much-needed boost of morale.
10. Send a holiday message to our injured and critically ill service members by posting a message on our Facebook page. It’s easy—and spreading the word on Facebook doesn’t cost you a cent!
11. Support recovery through therapeutic arts. Your gift of just $50 purchases much-needed art supplies and instruments.
12. Further our service members’ education and help ease their transition into a new job. Your $650 donation means you’ve bought a new laptop for a service member.
13. Help an injured service member return to school. Your gift of $200 purchases much-needed books and supplies.
14. Welcome an injured service member home to a house that meets specific needs. Your donation of any dollar amount supports our Adaptive Housing program.
15. Join the Semper Fi Fund Legacy Society. When you include the Fund in your will or other estate plans, you strengthen our long-term ability to continue our mission.
16. Host a holiday party for the Semper Fi Fund. Your event can benefit the wounded and critically ill who’ve served us all. Visit our Events Page for more information.
17. Reunite an injured service member with his or her returning unit. Your gift of $500 buys a plane ticket to their homecoming ceremony.
18. Send a Team Semper Fi member to sports camps and competitions. Your $200 donation goes a long way toward helping our Team Semper Fi members recover through sport.
19. Give the gift of mobility– on any terrain. Help service members get back to enjoying the outdoor activities they love by donating any amount toward an Action TrackChair!
20. Give the gift of confidence. Your $400 donation covers the cost of an iPad and cover, and a $15 iTunes card means the ability to purchase applications that help boost memory for a service member with TBI who needs help remembering important dates and information.
21. Send a gift that travels many miles. Your donation of $50 or $100 means gas cards that are used by service members to travel long distances to their Veterans Administration appointments.
22. Donate by stock transfer. You can directly transfer stock to the Semper Fi Fund as a charitable donation to be used for the America’s Fund Program. For details, please contact our UBS Client Service Associate, Marco Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
23. Commit to run for the Semper Fi Fund or America’s Fund in 2014. Join our Community Athlete team for the Carlsbad Marathon, Army Half Marathon, Cooper River Bridge Run, Marine Corps Historic Half, or the Marine Corps Marathon. For details, email our Race Coordinator (email@example.com) today!
24. Purchase a copy of the Semper Fi Fund Cookbook or General Al Gray’s new biography. When you buy the cookbook or biography for a friend or loved one. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the Semper Fi Fund.
25. Double the impact of your donation. Contact your employer to see if there’s a matching gift program that makes your support go that much further.
26. Give a Team Semper Fi member the opportunity to feel the wind in their face. Your gift of $5,000–or any amount you can afford—helps purchase a hand-crank cycle for one of our athletes.
27. Send military child to camp. The children of our injured and critically ill service members need our support too. Your $750 donation helps cover the cost of attending our Semper Fi Kids Camp.
28. Give a day of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. Your gift of $100 means a special day at the spa for the spouse or mom of one of our injured service members who needs our support while providing bedside support.
29. Give the gift of a good night’s sleep. Your $2,000 donation means the purchase of a therapeutic mattress for a service member who suffers severe and debilitating injuries and needs a specialized mattress.
30. Help provide childcare. Your $50 donation provides much-needed childcare for a service member’s son or daughter during hospitalization.
31. Make a New Year’s resolution to remain “always faithful” all year long. Sign up on our donate page and make an automatically recurring monthly donation. You’ll remain semper fidelis – always faithful – to our wounded and critically ill service members all year long.
On behalf of the Semper Fi Fund and our America’s Fund program “Thank you so very much!” for all that you give this holiday season and throughout the year!
When & Where
Monday December 2, 2013