Cpl Justin McLoud was three months into hi [...]' />
5 Ways You can Help our Wounded, Injured and Ill Heroes Today!
They've given so much - now it's our turn.
Cpl Justin McLoud was three months into his third tour when he stepped on an IED on December 10, 2010. When the blast occurred he lost both of his legs above the knee and severely fractured his left arm. However, due to the extent of the damage to his arm he opted to amputate it above the elbow on Christmas Eve.
Justin is a proud dad and one of the most important aspects of his life that helps motivate him in his recovery is being able to help raise his son. The McLoud family will need help as they begin their journey of recovery and rebuilding their lives.
The needs of our wounded continue to grow. It has been well publicized that many like Cpl Justin McLoud will need long-term assistance as they adjust to lives that are forever changed because of the extent of their injuries. We can each make a difference for these heroes and their families during one of the most difficult times in their lives.
Here are just a few of the ways you can help:
1. Participate, host or support others in Events.
2. Become informed about the different kinds of Assistance we offer.
3. Be inspired by reading the latest on our Heroes in the news.
4. Increase awareness by sharing us with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
5. Be a Hero for a Hero and Donate Now!