This past year many Semper Fi Fund supporters have helped our injured and critically ill service members by hosting and participating in athletic events such as the Ride for Semper Fi and the Col Ripley Run. Many of us are aware that these and other sporting events are a great way to help our heroes while staying active. We’ve found some other creative and ingenious ways supporters have made it possible for us to continue serving those who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.
Below are 5 amazing ways supporters helped our injured and ill veterans this past year. The determination and commitment of these folks is truly inspiring! Check them out and click on the link to read more about each of these wonderful supporters:
1. Grecos Little Give Project – Ms. Greco taught her class something about generosity by donating $1,500 of her own money and challenging her students to research a charity they felt would make a difference.
2. Mario Palarino hosted a Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser as his Senior Class Project!
3. Ben Ellis Freedland sold watermelonsat the Stagecoach Music Festival!
4. Jerry Bowzer (The Boston Brawler) pushed an 800 lb wheelbarrow 15 miles around DC with Push for our Troops!
5. Former Marine Derek Smith (professional skater for Honey Skateboards) hosted Skate for the Troops!
Other creative events include cookbook sales , hot rod car shows and even holiday light displays! A huge thank you to these and other fantastic supporters who have used their own talents and interests to raise funds to give back to our injured and ill veterans.
Have a creative idea? Want to host an event or fundraiser? We’ll help you get started. See Host an Event for more information. Fundraising Resources can help you get the ball rolling. Feel free to Contact Us with questions!
Thanks to all who dedicate their time, effort and creativity to help our injured heroes!
Here’s to another great year of serving those who preserve our freedom!